BOKSS received funding from the Community Chest in 1989 in establishing Resource Service Centre for the Relatives of the Ex-Mentally Ill People and was later subsidized by the Social Welfare Department in 1994 to serve the families of the ex-mentally ill people.
Long-term caring of mentally ill people may pose great pressure on the mental, physical and economic stress of their families who are in need for support and assistance. The Centre is set up to provide appropriate assistance to the families of the ex-mentally ill people and thus promoting the mental wellness of the families, and enhancing their caring knowledge, skills and abilities.
1. To raise the awareness and concern of family members towards mental illness and mental wellness and to equip them with caring knowledge, skills and abilities;
2. To promote the mutual-help relationship between families and establish a support network;
3. To assist families to identify suspected mentally ill members, deal with obstables to medical consultation, and face the rehabilitation problems;
4. To advocate the public awareness on mental health, mental illness and acceptance of mentally ill people
Family members and relatives of people with mental disorders
Hong Kong, Kowloon and New Territories
-Short-term Case Counselling
-Mental Wellness Hotline: 2535 4135 (Answered by professional social workers)
-Educational Groups and Talks
-Family Mutual-help Groups
-Mental Wellness Groups
-Caregiver Peer Ambassador (CPA) Scheme
-Care Programme for Family Members
- Library (books and videos available)
-Newsletter for Families
- Mass programmes
Membership : Free
Other services: consultations and case follow up are free while some applied to groups and programmes, please call the center for details.
Enrolment and Withdrawal Services
Family members or relatives of mentally ill people are eligible to apply for the services. Please fill out the registration form (download here) and mail or send it in-person to the Centre. Members are required to apply for renewal by April of each year. Otherwise, members shall be deemed to have opted-out from the services. Membership is effective from the date of registration to 31st March of the following year.
Mon, Wed, Thur, Fri
9:00am – 6:00pm
9:00am – 1:00pm
1:30pm – 9:30pm
2:00pm – 6:00pm
Sun & Public Holidays
Contact and Enquiry
Tel: 2560 0651
Fax: 2568 9855